Civil Litigation Attorneys in Vidalia, Georgia

Civil Litigation

Georgia Litigation and Trial Lawyers in Southeast Georgia

If you need to file a lawsuit to enforce your rights or if you are being sued, you need an attorney willing to commit time and energy to your case. Civil litigation arises in many contexts, including but not limited to contractual relations, employment, business, land ownership, estates, and government. To successfully litigate a case in any context, an attorney must be willing to invest time to research the law, communicate with all parties and witnesses, draft motions and briefs, engage in discovery, and prepare for trial. Litigation is hard work, but Macky Bryant and Daniel O’Connor will take the time necessary to advocate your cause fully and professionally. Our attorneys are licensed to represent you in any Georgia federal or state court.

What to Do if You are Sued in a Georgia Court? Hire a Defense Trial Lawyer

When you are served with a civil complaint, you must act quickly to answer the complaint or risk waiving your defenses. If you are sued in a Georgia Superior Court or State Court, you generally have 30 days from the date of being served to file an answer. In Federal Court, the time periods are often shorter. Thus, if you are sued or think you will be sued, you need to hire an attorney as soon as you can to file an answer on your behalf. The attorneys here at Bryant O’Connor LLP understand what defenses need to be raised in your answer so that they are not waived. Further, they understand how to represent defendants throughout litigation, from answering the complaint to trial and appeal. The best way to get a good result is to have an attorney who is willing to enforce your right to a jury trial. Though a jury trial is not always necessary, being willing to go that far and prepare your case as if there would be a jury trial is the best way to get a favorable result. Our attorneys have successfully represented clients in jury trials, and this fact, though it does not guarantee any particular result in your case, lets opposing counsel know that they won’t get off easy.

How Long Do You Have to File a Lawsuit in Georgia? Ask a Georgia Plaintiff’s Lawyer

The time you are allowed to file a lawsuit depends upon what type of case you have. For example, you generally have less time to file a lawsuit to recover for a personal injury than you do to sue on a contract. This time period is known as the statute of limitations. If the limitations period runs out, you will likely have lost any opportunity to take your case to court. Many distinctions exist that determine what your limitations period will be, and thus you should consult an attorney as soon as you think you might have a right to sue. Our attorneys represent plaintiffs in many types of cases and after consulting with you about the facts of your case, they can determine when and how you should act. However, our attorneys can only help you if you visit them before your statute of limitations runs.

Areas Where We Represent Clients in Litigation

Our convenient location in Vidalia, Georgia, allows us to access a large number of communities throughout the state. No matter where you are in Georgia, Bryant O’Connor LLP can provide you with legal representation. Vidalia is near the halfway point of I-16, which allows us to quickly get to Macon, Savannah, and all the areas in between. Being from a small town, we are familiar with the practice of law in rural areas and small cities throughout Georgia and we are able to offer reasonable attorney fees to all of our clients. Some, but not all, of the areas where we represent clients include Vidalia, Lyons, Statesboro, Dublin, Eastman, Reidsville, Mt. Vernon, Soperton, Swainsboro, Metter, Baxley, McRae, Alamo, Macon, Savannah, Pooler, Pembroke, Hazlehurst, Toombs County, Montgomery County, Treutlen County, Bulloch County, Laurens County, Dodge County, Tattnall County, Emanuel County, Candler County, Appling County, Telfair County, Wheeler County, Bibb County, Chatham County, Bryan County, Jeff Davis County, and many others.