Daniel J. O’Connor
Daniel J. O’Connor has been with the Firm since 2012 and became a partner with Macky Bryant in 2017 t0 form Bryant O’Connor LLP. Mr. O’Connor helps his clients resolve issues in both transactional and litigation contexts, particularly in the areas of Real Estate, Wills and Probate, Land Disputes, and Personal Injury. Mr. O’Connor also accepts representation of Defendants in Criminal Prosecutions, including misdemeanors, felonies, and traffic offenses in Georgia courts and in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia.
Mr. O’Connor is a native of Montgomery County, Georgia, and a graduate of Montgomery County High School. He attended the University of Georgia on the Georgia Governor’s Scholarship and Vice-Presidential Scholarship, graduating cum laude in 2009 with a Bachelor of Arts in English and a minor in Spanish. While at the University of Georgia, Mr. O’Connor was on the Executive Board of the Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity and a member of the Dean William Tate Honor Society.
Upon earning his undergraduate degree, Mr. O’Connor attended the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University where he received a Juris Doctor in 2012, graduating in the top 10% of his class. While at Mercer, Mr. O’Connor was inducted into the Brainerd Currie Honor Society and was a member of the Mercer Law Review.
Mr. O’Connor lives in Vidalia with his wife, Rizza, and two children, Judson and Evie Lee. He enjoys traveling, college football, and visiting the family farm.
Mr. O’Connor is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and serves part time as the Associate Municipal Court of Vidalia.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation (Plaintiff or Defendant)
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Estate Planning
- Criminal Defense
- Georgia, 2012
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- Juris Doctor – 2012
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- A.B. – 2009
- Major: English
Honors and Awards
- Mercer Law Review
- Faculty Award for Legal Writing – Walter F. George School of Law
- Brainerd Currie Society – Walter F. George School of Law
- Dean William Tate Honor Society – University of Georgia
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Young Lawyers Division
Local Activities and Memberships
- First United Methodist Church of Vidalia, Member
- Vidalia Heritage Academy, Member of Board of Directors
- Cornerstone Children’s Center, Member of Board of Directors
- Vidalia Kiwanis Club, Former Member of Board of Directors